Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seriously, some people...!!

I went to my daughters second soccer game today(they won 5 to 2) and some parents never seem to amaze me. While I was there concentrating on my daughter and her team and cheering them on, there were several parents there not even paying attention to their own children. They were too busy texting and gossiping and talking on the phone. I will be the first to admit, I am a texting addict myself, but it will not come before my children and showing them support and letting them know how proud I am of them. Every time my daughter looked over at me, I was looking right at her and saw every soccer play she did. I could tell she was so happy that Mommy was watching her. I saw several kids looking in the direction of where their parents were standing only to see that they were not paying attention to the achievements of their own children. It makes you wonder(me anyway) how a parent could do that and miss all the excitement of that day for their children. Why even enroll your own child in activities if you are not going to support them 100%? Situations like that, involving parents like that, is something I don't understand. There isn't anything that would stop me from supporting and showing my children how proud I am of them, let alone gossiping and texting.....

1 comment:

  1. Aimee, I couldn't agree more! When I see moms at the playground or walking their kids in their strollers and they are on the phone, I'm always like, gee, that's nice... way to multitask and take nice quality time away from your kid by talking on the phone. Some parents get easily confused I think. :) Congrats to your daughter on her 2nd win!

    ReplyDelete